1. Be made of rigid plastic, wood or metal that’s sturdy enough to resist bending when firm pressure is applied
2. Have a solid roof with no doors or ventilation openings
3. Have only one metal door which must close securely, yet allow pets to be accessible in the event of an emergency
4. Have crate hardware that’s in good working condition
5. Have a nut and bolt firmly tightened in each hole that connects the top and bottom of the crate. The bolt must be made of metal. The nut may be metal, nylon or plastic as long as the nut is unbreakable and securely connects the top and bottom of the crate.